Self-portrait poster

This project took me about 5 hours to do. The majority of the time was spent tracing the original imagine and getting the curves and outline precise. Afterwards, I used the gradient mesh tool to color most of the shapes. I tried to use a lot of gradient colors to create a slightly 3d feel. 
The text behind me is a quote from Doctor Seuss: "Be who you are and say what you feel because in the end those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." This is an inspirational quote for me because it inspires me to share my opinions regardless of what others think. I enjoy using text as art and had a lot of fun with this project.

Comments

  1. I think your self portrait poster was very successful. It almost reminds me of jimmy neutron animation. You literally look 3d, like you are about to come off the page. I love the colors you chose and think that they make the project look even better. The only advice I have is to maybe make your left eye a bit clearer, it looks like there was a bit of an error, but great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this came out really clean. I really like the effort you put into making a consistent gradient mesh from a light source. Did you consider doing more color meshing on your face? Love the creativity of the background with the quote!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Somewhere" Project

Autoscopy